The Creative Europe invests in actions that reinforce cultural diversity and respond to the needs and challenges of the cultural and creative sectors. The main objectives of the programme are to:
- safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity and heritage
- increase the competitiveness and economic potential of the cultural and creative sectors, in particular the audiovisual sector.
The Creative Europe programme is divided in 3 strands: Culture, Media and Cross-Sectorial.
The Culture strand of the Creative Europe programme supports a wide range of cultural and creative sectors including among others
- cultural heritage
- literature and publishing
- performing arts
The Culture strand encourages cooperation and exchanges among cultural organisations and artists within Europe and beyond. Creative Europe aims to
- foster artistic creation and innovation
- support the promotion and the distribution of European content across Europe and beyond
- help artists find creation and performance opportunities across borders
- stimulate the digital and environmental transition of the European Culture and Creative Sectors